Slideshow Remote FAQ
Can I install Slideshow Remote on several devices?
- Yes, as long as you use same iTunes user account and download same application you won't be charged twice.
- Caution: Slideshow Remote (paid app) and Slideshow Remote Lite (with in-app purchase) are not the same app and will be charged separately.
- Read this article for more information: support.apple.com/kb/HT2519
How to delete a downloaded document
- Display Open menu (on iPad) or tab (on iPhone)
- Tap Edit button and tap Delete button beside obsolete document
- You can also swipe on document title (without using Edit button)
Changing slides is slow
- The normal delay is 1 to 3 seconds.
- This delay includes half a second to let PowerPoint change the slide.
- External display and iPad full screen requires HUGE data transfers.
- You can turn OFF the High resolution option in the settings.
My remote is not in sync with the slide show
- To refresh your device screen, swipe up or select reload command.
- This is normal with extended slide transitions and animations.
- If you see the next slide, the "Show next slide" setting may be on.
- You may also enable Auto-Refresh option.
I can not see my PowerPoint notes
- Slideshow Remote can show reader's notes if PowerPoint is the active application and is in full screen presentation mode.
- In design mode you can change the active slide but Slideshow Remote can not access reader's notes.
How to browse hyperlinks in PowerPoint slides
- Connect Slideshow Remote to Logic Sever for Windows.
- Open the "Controls" menu in Slideshow Remote.
- Select "Touchscreen" mouse mode.
- Tap the hyperlink in the slide area.
- The web browser will show up in front of PowerPoint.
How to browse hyperlinks in PowerPoint notes
- Open Internet Explorer, find your hyperlink in a page, select and copy the underlined text -or-
- Insert a text area in PowerPoint, insert an hyperlink into it and copy the new underlined text.
- Paste the link into the notes area at bottom of PowerPoint editor.
- Enable "Formatted Notes" in Slideshow Remote Pro.
- Tap the hyperlink in the notes area.
- The web page is displayed in the notes area.
I can not see my Open Office Impress notes
- You can control Open Office with Slideshow Remote but reader's notes are not supported.
I see black bars on each side of my slide
- If your monitor is a wide screen (16:9), simply open Logic Server settings and select the "Standard" screen resize mode.
I have multiple monitors
- If you have multiple monitors, simply open Logic Server settings and select the desired monitor to capture in the drop down list.
How to use annotation mode
- Open your presentaton in PowePoint and start fullscreen show.
- Open "Controls" menu and tap "Start Annotation".
- Draw on iPhone/iPad to annotate over PowerPoint slide.
- Tap "Erase Annotation" to clear drawings and display original slide.
- Tap "Stop Annotation" to retun to normal mode. You may have to scroll down the "Controls" menu to reach this command.
How to configure proxy server