Runtime Error 216 in Logic Server
Logic Server displays this error message: "Runtime error 216 at xxxxxxxx".
A security feature called "Data Execution Prevention" (DEP) is included in Microsoft Windows to prevent virus intrusion in your computer. Unfortunately Logic Server is not yet compatible with this feature. We are working on this issue.
You can add Logic Server to a list of exceptions and use it normally.
- Right Click on My Computer
- Click on Properties
- Click on Advanced System properties tab
- Click on Settings button under Performance
- Click on Data Execution Prevention tab
- Add Logic Server to the exception list
- You may also activate DEP for essential Windows programs and services only (the default setting for home users).
- Logic Server updates may also need this workaround.